Hit the Ground Running (HGR) is the vision of professional distance runner, Megan Lund. A decorated, competitive athlete, 2008 & 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier and 2009 World Mountain Running Championships competitor, Megan Lund has unprecedented experience in competitive running and designing training programs. HGR offers full‐service training consultation specializing in running, cycling, triathlon, walking, hiking and creative fitness. HGR services include online training programs, on‐site coaching, nutritional analysis, special event appearances and workshops. Megan works with every client directly and designs every HGR training program.
Founder & Elite Runner
Megan Lund is a professional distance runner and coach who was born, raised and continues to train in Aspen, Colorado. Specializing in long distance road racing and mountain running, Lund has a decorated resume on‐ and off‐the‐trail. In 2007, Lund was the #1‐ranked USA female marathoner under the age of twenty‐five. Lund is a 2‐time Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier (2012, 2008) and a member of Team USA at the 2009 World Mountain Running Championships where she placed 16th in the world. Lund holds course records at the Basalt Half Marathon (1:16:38), Aspen Mountain Uphill (53:06) and Teva Mountain Games Vail Pass Half Marathon (1:39:37). Just recently, Lund won the America’s Uphill and placed 6th at the USA National 25k Championships. In college, Lund competed at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and was consistently nationally ranked and attained NCAA Academic All‐ American honors.
- Marathon: 2:41:59 (2008 Olympic Trials qualifier, St. George Marathon, 2007)
- Half Marathon: 1:16:38 (Basalt Half Marathon, 2009)
- 25k: 1:33:55 (USA 25k Championship Grand Rapids, MI, 2009)
- 10 Mile: 58:10 (Basalt Half Marathon split, 2009)
- 10K: 35:51 (USA Women’s 10k Championships: Tufts 10k, Boston, MA, 2008)
- 5 Mile: 28:17 (Cheatin’ Woodchuck Chase: Rifle, CO: 2008)
- 5k: 17:26 (Indoor‐University of WA, 2007)